The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Happy Easter Eggs

Welcome to another beautiful day here at My Little Slice of Bliss! Today the DeNami Design Team is sharing designs over on the DeNami Design blog that show off the stamp in this week's Product Spotlight: F160 Happy Easter.


Recently, my hubby gave me a set of egg-shaped dies, and I couldn't resist using them for a trio of Easter-egg themed cards for today's Product Spotlight! Here's what I created:


A pair of egg-shaped cards! I used only two stamps on both of these: Happy Easter and Elegant Word Plate, but I amped up the "festive factor" with lots and lots of washi tape from the DeNami Design store.

DeNami products: Purple/White dots, Green Stripes, Yellow/White dots, Pink Stripes washi tape and baker's twine from the Confetti Twine 3-pack


DeNami products: Lime/White dots, Pink Chevron, Teal Chevron washi tape

I also tried a standard A2-sized card using another of my new egg-shaped dies. I was trying to recreate the look of this purple Faberge-style egg. To do so, I embossed my egg diecut with my Wire Fence Embossing Folder from the DeNami store, and rubbed a metallic gold ink pad across the raised embossing to give it a gilded look. Then I embellished each point of intersection in the design with liquid pearls.


You can see the sheen of the pearls a little better in these two photos:




Be sure to check out the rest of the team's lovely creations today on the DeNami blog. Like what you see? Then you can score a great deal on this beautiful Happy Easter sentiment--as our Spotlight Product, it's on sale at 10% off for the next week!!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Emily

15 comments:

Pam said...

I just love your washi tape Easter egg cards with the lovely bow and pretty flower! And the faberge card is so elegant!

Benzi said...

Good hubby! :-) Love your egg shapes with the Washi tape...just so pretty and colorful. Your A2 card is soooooo elegant. Super job with the new set of dies.

~Tammy~ said...

What a great hubby you have! I see you finally crossed over into the die-cutting world! Isn't it fun!

These turned out amazing! Looks like you had so much fun! Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous!

Brenda in IN said...

The Easter bunny will be so sad he doesn't have these eggs to hide. They are fantastic. Your use of washi tape is amazing, These eggs are beautiful, The purple one tinged with gold and pearls is simply gorgeous.

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet gift from your hubby, thoughtful fella! Your Washi eggs are super cute but your Faberge egg steals the show today. Brilliant idea with the embossing folder ~ stunning!!

Marisa said...

Your Easter eggs are fabulous. Points for hubby for getting you the die too :)

Deb said...

Emily, all three of your cards are gorgeous! I love that they ae shaped. I hardly make shaped cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

cm said...

Cheering and applause for your husband giving you such an amazing gift,and oh, how you've showcased them beautifully! Your egg-shaped cards are a trio of delight and the Faberge...swoon! Every thing in your post makes me happy!!
c

Lisa Petrella said...

Emily, these Easter egg cards are absolutely delightful! So many special and fun details on each one!!! LOVE them all!!!!

cghundley said...

Fun washi tape
eggs and the
purple card
is so pretty.
Carla from Utah

Auntie Em said...

Oh Emily, you are giving the Easter Bunny a serious run for his money in the decorating Easter Eggs department! I love the bright fun stripes on the washi tape eggs. Great idea!
And the purple Faberge one is soooo elegant and perfect for Easter. The little touch of gold on the raised embossing is lovely.
Hope you are enjoying some spring weather down your way. I can actually see spots of lawn popping up through the snow banks today. Yea!!!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work! :)

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Emily! Your cards are fabulous! I knew before I saw your name which card was yours on the DeNami blog. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Stacy said...

Hello Emily! These egg shaped cards are phenomenal! Very cool gift to receive from your husband! And your Fabergé style egg is fabulous.

gwhee60277 said...

The Easter egg cards are so cute and fun!

Unknown said...

You are a washi tape genius! I adore the decorated eggs and that floral die cut. The sentiment is perfect of course :) The last card is so precise and pretty. I love the subtle sheen of the perfect pearls!