The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Hyacinth

I made this card thinking that it would be one more Easter card, but I also wanted to play along in this month's Unity challenge--and I don't have any appropriate Unity sentiments for Easter! I thought that the hyacinth would help communicate the theme, but I think the colors are all wrong for it. Oh, well! I still love how it turned out :). If I added an Easter sentiment to the inside, do you think it will be OK for Easter?


I used the sketch portion of the Unity challenge, turning it on its side:


I used Unity's Best Wishes & Blooms for the background stamping, and a sentiment from Unity's { . . . my thoughts are with you}. The hyacinth image is a journaling card from the digital Modern Romance kit from Webster's Pages. I think it is SO pretty! And I dug deeeeeeeeep into my stash of vintage trims to come up with that pretty green rick-rack from my grandma's sewing notions. It still had a price sticker from the 1960s on the package!

I'm also linking up to today's Friends with Flair blog hop. It feels like it's been EONS since I was able to join the hop, and I've really missed it!!

I'm also playing along with these fine challenges:
Time for family movie night, so I've got to run!! We're in the middle of watching the entire Pirates of the Caribbean series on Blu-Ray. Awesome!

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily

38 comments:

joetterer said...

I don't have a Unity Easter sentiment either!

Lisa Elton said...

SURE I think this would make a lovely Easter card. Hyacinths, daffodils, tulips all equal Easter to me! I like those sweet little butterflies and this journaling card is gorgeous.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty and the green butterflies are darling.

Linda said...

Wow this is lovely. I love the paper and butterflies!

Ruby said...

Emily the card is so SPRING. Beautiful work.

Laurie said...

It's always the right time for a beautiful card like this! I think the colours are perfect!

Angeline Choo said...

beautiful card! this would be great for spring and easter :)

Pam said...

It's very pretty Emily!! And such soft colors perfect for Spring or Easter! Hope you have a great movie night!

Julie Odil said...

This is a perfect Easter card, Emily. I love the colors of it!

Cynthia said...

Sweet Spring card, Emily!

Kary said...

This is SO Pretty, Emily!! Love the fresh colours and the trim is gorgeous. It's always so fun to find something vintage esp if it's from Grandma. Hope the weather warms up soon.. Enjoy the movie!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is just so fresh and lovely, Emily!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Absolutely, this is good for Easter! The colors do say 'spring'. I love that you have genuine vintage rickrack on here that's as old as me!

Marlena M. said...

I believe this is appropriate for Easter! It beautifully translates SPRING~

Karen (karey2005) said...

That card is perfect for Easter. Just write Happy Easter on the inside!

Unknown said...

Great take on the challenge! I know I have seen your work on SCS!!

Gaylynn said...

Yes, it would be great for Easter or Spring greetings. Pretty floral design. New follower here. :)

Leslie Hanna said...

Wow, ric rac from the 60s? That's serious stash! It was probably like 12 cents, right? :)

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Michelle said...

I think this would be great for Easter. Very pretty!

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card. I think it would be perfect for an Easter card.

Hugs~

Mary said...

Love your card! I too think it could go either way...spring or Easter.

Maria said...

Wow! Gorgeous card to highlight your background stamping! That is something I need to do more. Pretty flowers and great use of rick rack! Fab stitching, too!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Your cute card is screaming spring!!!

Glenda J said...

This is so pretty Emily! Great job with the sketch. The vertical sentiment is perfect too.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Lovely card, spring is such a fabulous time of the year...

yyam said...

It is very pretty Emily! Love the spring colours! Maybe use some stickers since you don't have an Easter stamp? I only make cards that says "hello", "happy birthday" and "thank you"....lol

Benzi said...

For sure, it will be a great Easter card. How nice to have all the wonderful trim from your grandmother's sewing notions.

My hyacinths have bloomed and disappeared. Now waiting for a native azalea to pop out very soon in beautiful pink blooms.

Bonnie said...

I think Hyacinths are perfect for Easter and this one is so pretty!

Jingle said...

The flowers are so pretty! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

~Tammy~ said...

This is a gorgeous spring/Easter card Emily! So beautiful! I love the colors!

Greta said...

Looks like an Easter card to me--lovely card that would bless anyone who received it.

Allison Cope said...

So beautiful Emily! That hyacinth image is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Flourishes for our "Timeless Tuesday Challenge".

Jessi Fogan said...

Now that is some vibrant ancient rick-rack! Love that it still had the price sticker on :) I think this communicates Easter really perfectly - the colours are totally springy!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is so pretty!!!! Thanks so much for Playing along with unity!!!

joslyn said...

love how you turned the sketch. so so pretty!!!

Unknown said...

beautiful. that flower is gorgeous! the felt is perfect.

Unknown said...

are the butterflies made of felt? lol it looks like it :)

Lisa H. said...

soooo pretty. love how you used the sketch. thanks for playing.