The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, June 15, 2012

Hip Card for Dad

Just a quick post to share the card I made for my hubby to send to his dad for Father's Day:


No stamps were harmed in the making of this card! All of the patterned paper and elements came from the digital Social Club collection by Cosmo Cricket. Even though I didn't use any stamps, I did use some ink to distress the edges :).

I made this card for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #173, to make a Father's Day card. I would have used Flourishes stamps for it if I could--but I don't own any masculine Flourishes stamps! I'm also entering this in Papercraft Star's Challenge #101, Father's Day.

Thanks for dropping in!
Emily

Paper: Whisper White CS Stampin’ Up!, natural CS; Digital elements: Swingin’ digital paper; letters, hat, sunglasses digital elements from Social Club collection by Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Tea Dye Distress by Ranger Industries
Accessories: circle punch, sewing machine

14 comments:

Stacy said...

This is one of the cutest cards ever! What a fantastic design ~ love the dad going both down and across! Good luck on your challenges!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I sometimes think that I should break into the digi world, but I'm so disorganized with the stamps in front of me, not sure that's a good idea. Great card.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the pops of colour! And hats. Awesome hats :)
I have a nosy question - do you print out your digi elements at home? What kind of printer do you have? Because I can't get anything to print out in a way I like, so I'm reluctant to do digi papers.

Benzi said...

Unique and awesome, Emily. It's a super Dad card. Glad to know no stamps were harmed. :-)

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Emily, I love the digital collection you used. The digital world can be fun! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star, "Father's Day" challenge, hope you have a lovely Father's Day!

Ardyth said...

This is so cool! I'm going to have to spend some time figuring out digital - I feel like I'm way behind on that!

~Tammy~ said...

this is so fun and cute!

Unknown said...

this is perfect! what a great cas design :)

Kary said...

What a COOL card!! I LOVE the fun images - the hats and sunglasses are the cutest. Great card for your father-in-law.
I'm still stumped on this challenge;)hehe.

nwilliams6 said...

So cute! Fun way to use these images and I am so glad you didn't harm any stamps - that would be criminal!!! LOL! Hugz!

Beate said...

Awesome Father's Day card, Emily!
Thank you so much for participating in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.
Have a great week!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is such a fantastic, graphic, Dad card, Emily! LOVE it to pieces right down to the stitching and color palette! Thanks again for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, you were rockin' that Papercraft Star challenge! Lots of daddy goodness going on. :) Annnnddd... you've inspired me to go digital one of these days. You make it seem so easy!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on a win for this card at Papercraft Star, Emily!