The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Congrats for PDCC129

This week, DeNami Design Rubber Stamps is sponsoring the Play Date Cafe Challenge (PDCC129), and the DeNami DT is playing along! The new colors for this week are Dusk, Magenta, and Seedling as illustrated in this PDCC color story graphic. 


These had me scratching my head at first, but in the end, I didn't have to look far to find what I needed for my project: I used Imperial Purple Versafine ink (from the DeNami store) for "Dusk" and DeNami Lime cardstock for "Seedling." A little poking around in an old BasicGrey patterned paper pad gave me my stand-in for "Magenta," and I was good to go for this project:


I stamped a background pattern with the elegant DeNami Decorative Flourish in Versamark ink and heat-embossed the design with clear embossing powder. I am SO in love with this beautiful stamp! I'm also rather partial to the DeNami Decorative Crest Circle--the center stripe is the perfect size for adding a stamped message. Mine is the "congrats" from the Thoughtful Greetings set, which I was very happy to add to my collection just recently.

It's back to school for us this week after spring break last week, and we are going full tilt. Last night we attended the all-town chorus concert in which our seventh-grade daughter performed along with her middle school chorus (each of our town's three elementary schools' choruses and the high school chorus also performed). Each chorus sang two selections and then the combined masses sang two selections. They were amazing!! It was quite a treat to hear 250+ voices singing out together, beautiful and strong. Wow! We were so proud of our daughter, throwing herself into her singing completely. You could tell she loved being a part of it all and that she was having fun. That's what it's all about! And our third-grade son was really impressed and is now super motivated. He cannot wait until next year when he'll be allowed to join his elementary school's chorus. :D

Anyway, I hope you'll play along with this week's PDCC challenge--if so, you'll be in the running for a $30 gift certificate to the DeNami Design store!! Just think of all the great goodies you could score with that :D!! Good luck!

Thanks for visiting!
Emily

23 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Love it! Super bright & cheerful - and don't you love how saving those bits of paper comes in handy? lol
I can't imagine hearing that many sing at once - it must have been absolutely amazing! Congratulations to your daughter for being a part of something she so thoroughly enjoys :)

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the green background with the purple! You have such a good eye.

Sounds like a great concert! It's so great to watch your children in a concert after listening to them practice for so many years!

Congrats for winning the I spy contest over on Paper Crafts! Yea for you!!! :)

Pam said...

Perfect card for the color challenge, that is a pretty flourish stamp too! That would be something to hear that many kids singing!! Sounds like your kids(and you) had a ball!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Wow, y'all had a late Spring Break! Now, you're in the home stretch, though. We have just a couple of weeks left and are so ready for summer break!

Your card is a fabulous, CAS beauty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card Emily! Congratulations for winning the I-SPY prize at papercrafts. ;)

Unknown said...

Great card... some of my all time favorite DeNami stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

SO PRETTY Emily, love the way you've used the colors!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh! I am so happy to read / see this post for many reasons: loved hearing about that singing, for one! I can just imagine how beautiful and powerful it was, I'll bet it would bring tears to my eyes.

Also excited that you gals at DeNami are joining us this week!! You did a *perfect* job matching up those colors. You also did a WONDERFUL job showcasing DeNami goodness!

Paulina said...

Emily, this card is so great...I don't even know where to start!

I love that you brought out some of the "elegant" stamps for this challenge. The Decorative Crest Circle was the perfect choice! Also, I'm so happy you finally have the Thoughtful Greetings set. :)

Julie Ranae said...

Emily...you really made our colors shine and it's so great to have you design with us over in The Cafe. The card is absolutely terrific!

Bonnie said...

Pretty flourish background and I love the sentiment piece with the scalloped circle behind it!

Benzi said...

Cool CAS and sooooooo pretty, Emily! Love the colors.

I love to hear a large choir sing like that..reminds me of our community choir...close to 200.

Yes, I am the enabler! Go for the zig zag punch...makes great chevrons. :-)

Lisa Petrella said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Emily!!! The handstamped pattern in the background is so elegant and pairs up so nicely with your focal point!!! LOVE IT!!! Sounds like the concert was FANTASTIC!!!! I would have loved to have heard them!!!

Marisa said...

Love the BG you created and the bold statement the chartreuse makes. A 250 person choir sounds amazing - sure you were a proud mama :)

Lisa Arana said...

gorgeous use of the colors! love that background and the sweet design.

Greta said...

Love your card, Emily! Wish I had that flourish stamp--love it! Oh how fun to have kids in such neat activities. Brings back memories of my singing days in school.

~Tammy~ said...

You sure made those bright colors look elegant! Beautifully done!

Unknown said...

Love how you combined the colors! Very pretty!
Loved hearing about your daughter's special moment! ;o)

Kary said...

Your card is gorgeous, Emily! The colour combo is awesome, love the purple and green. I'm loving all the round sentiments lately ;)
So lovely to hear about your daughter's performance and her love for singing! Have a great week ahead, Emily! {hugs}

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this card, emily! The colors are so vibrant and I adore all of the stamping you did! That purple banner is FAB, too!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oh my I love that bright color!!! The flourish in the background is WONDERFUL! FANTASTIC card!

Debbie Carriere said...

Great card, Emily!! Love the background stamping! Hope you are doing well!!! We must plan to get together again!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

simple elegance.....gorgeous colors, too