The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, December 17, 2010

Sparkly Birthday Chandelier

Happy Friday!! I'm just about to head out to run some errands, but before I go I want to share a quick one-layer card I made this morning. I've been hoping all week to be able to play in the current EtsyInspired Challenge. There's some gorgeous inspiration at this week's Etsy store! I was taken with some beautiful chandelier motif items, and it just so happened that two new {ippity} sets that I'd ordered (one containing a shabby chic chandelier!!) just arrived in last evening's mail. The timing couldn't have been more perfect!! (The EtsyInspired challenge ends in just a few more hours, so I've got to be quick now!) I'm also thrilled to be able to play in the One-Layer Wednesday Challenge for the first time--the theme this week is Home Decor. I think I've got that covered with this card!

I dressed up this one-layer card with some clear embossing at the top, sponging around the edges, pearl and rhinestone adhesive gems, and a glittered chandelier chain (gold glitter adhered to a length of Glue Line--I've always wanted to do that!). The crinkly gold ribbon was salvaged from a Lindt foil-wrapped chocolate Santa!!

Challenges:
Hey, thanks so much for dropping by today and checking out my little slice of bliss!! I'm especially happy today because DH and I finished signing, stuffing, addressing, stamping, and sealing our Christmas cards last night, and I dropped them off at the post office after delivering kids to school this morning. BIG RELIEF!! Next up: holiday gifts for the teachers. EEK! Time is running away from me . . .

Card Recipe:
Stamps: {ippity} Regal Greetings, {ippity} Just Wanted to Say, SU Very Vintage (jumbo wheel)
Paper: SU pink pirouette CS
Ink: Versamark, Palette noir black
Accessories: CM corner rounder, clear EP, heat tool, Glue Line, gold glitter, salvaged ribbon, adhesive pearls and rhinestones
Techniques: one-layer card, clear embossing, glitter, sponging

20 comments:

Marisa said...

Great take on the insp. piece, Emily! Love that chandelier and the touch of pearls is perfect. I too finished my cards yesterday - phew!! Just a few local hand delivered ones left and they are basically done too :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a perfectly inspired card, Em! LOVE this! :)

Kristy Smith said...

Emily I love this card! You can clearly see exactly what you did with the inspiration piece! Great work!

Also, I tagged you in a fun little blog trivia! Check it out on my blog! =)

de said...

OMG this is so perfect for your inspiration piece! And just as beautiful!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Emily, you can just drop this in the mail to me ANYtime. I love it!! You nailed these challenges perfectly. You know what? Your card backdrop reminds me so much of your blog design, too!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a beautifully elegant card. Stunning!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...such drama and all in one layer...high fives, my friend...you are a winner

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great inspired card emily-love the image you used and the rhinestones & pearls are such a perfect touch

Sue Lelli said...

Gold from the Lindt Santa wrapper ~ how funny! I find myself saving EVERYTHING now saying that I could use that on a card someday! LOL! LOVE your new chandelier! LOVE the pink and black!

Susan Raihala said...

Emily, that subtle embossing really makes this card over-the-top special! Beautiful take on the challenge, and thanks so much for playing!

Carol said...

Beautiful card! AND it fulfilled all those challenges...really nailed the OLW home decor one!

SmilynStef said...

Fabulous chandelier ... wonderful inspired design.

Susan said...

Absolutely adorable!

Benzi said...

OMG, you really rocked the challenges. Beautiful card and perfect for your inspiration. I love the clear embossed top, sponging, and every other detail. You get a big 10 from me!

Susan said...

Love this card, Emily...I'd say you've covered those challenges every which way! I {heart} chandeliers...though my house is a mid century mod. I can dream, right?

Anita said...

Gorgeous card Emily. It's amazing how much it looks like the inspiration necklace.

Kati said...

Fantastic artwork, love the idea and the colors!

PetraB said...

Love your card, it fits absolutely perfectly for both challenges.

Anonymous said...

so very pretty! i love the pink. this is perfect for your inspiration.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Emily! Thanks for entering the Glitter is Glam challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)