The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Moments That Take Our Breath Away

Hey, there!! Happy Tuesday to you. I wanted to share another card that I made last week before we packed up and headed for the hills on vacation.
I made this for the SCS Ways to Use It challenge to use buttons and for another {ippity} Release Week Challenge, a challenge to be inspired by this awesome photo. I pulled out some beige, red, and black card stock and my {ippity}
Love in Return set, and I was on a roll! I stamped the dots in Versamark on my beige card base and the flourish stamp in black on a red panel. I used my SU curly label punch to shape the bottom edge of the black strip. The sentiment in red reads "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but instead it is by the moments that take our breath away." Isn't that wonderful??

My very simple embellishment? A vintage button from my stash. If you look carefully, you can see that it has a mother-of-pearl veneer. So lovely in real life!! :) I thought it was a good parallel for the round mirror in the photo. Here's a close-up photo.

And I have some happy news!! My card won this {ippity} inspiration challenge and I got to pick an {ippity} set for my prize. I chose this awesome newly released set, Authentic Man. I am happily awaiting its arrival!! Can't wait to get it inky.

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll post again when we return from vacation. See you soon!!

Supplies:
Stamps: {ippity} Love in Return
Paper: SU whisper white CS, various CS from The Paper Company
Ink: Versamark, Palette noir black, Palette l'amore red
Accessories: SU curly label punch, CM corner rounder punch, vintage button

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Oooh, yummy colour combo and you have used the insp. piece perfectly! Great work! Enjoy your time away :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Really cool take on that inspiration photo!

Joanne (jojot) said...

congrats on your win.....and.....love this sentiment on your card...so true

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

That is one fabulous card, Em! Congrats on winning that set! It seems to be the most popular one of this release! Can't wait to see what you make with it! :)

Crafty Math Chick said...

Congrats on the win Emily! That's terrific! Enjoy your new stamps!

~Meredith