The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Pearly Flower for You

My happy for the day is actually two things: I found two cool new paper punches on clearance (over 55% off) at Michael's today, and they followed me home! After hitting the arcade with the kids, we stopped at Michael's for a few scrapbook supplies for their layout sessions. I wasn't planning to get anything for myself (because a few goodies I'd ordered last week arrived yesterday--more on that in a minute), but while walking through the Martha Stewart section, I couldn't help but notice the clearance tags--on punches, no less!! Something near and dear to my heart. The clearance-priced ones that called to me were the Medium Double Embossed Car Punch and the Chrysanthemum Large Punch. Can you imagine the smile on my face right now? I can't wait to go play with my new toys. :)

I finished this card, for today's SCS sketch challenge, right after breakfast before heading out for the day with the kids. The sketch was a fun one.
I've really enjoyed getting to know the line of {ippity} stamps. I've won several sets in blog candy and from challenges. My current favorite {ippity} set is Now & Always. It has the most beautiful HUGE bloom images that are perfect for layering and paper piecing. Last week I found it on sale at {ippity} chick Emily Niehaus's blog, and finally took the plunge and ordered it. It came yesterday! Just in time to join in on this week's {ippity} challenge to CASE a card from the SCS {ippity} gallery using {ippity} stamps. Done!! I immediately knew just which card I wanted to CASE: this beauty made by JenMarie Taylor. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I adore her paper-pieced flower with the pearl center! And her gorgeous, envy-worthy DP, too. I was definitely inspired. I don't think I did her card justice (and I know I could have picked better papers for this), but I learned a lot in the process and can't wait to paper piece this gorgeous flower again soon.

This week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge is to use felt. I have LOTS of felt scraps in my sewing room, so I had fun thinking up a creative way to use it. I finally settled on cutting a thin strip of ivory felt, twisting it, and fastening it down with a brad at each end as a decorative accent. I rather like the dimension it added to my card.

Well, that does it for now. Even though we had a ton of fun, taking the day to go out and about with the kids put me way behind. For details on the supplies I used in this card, please click here. See you again soon!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

How lucky are you finding not one but TWO punches on sale!! You go girl (_/_)(_\_)(_/_)(_\_) all the way through the parking lot LOL! I take my kids to Mike's with me and get them to use a coupon for me so I get a three for if everyone is with me - love it! Darling card and use of the sketch! I'm waaay behind due to VBS this week - just trying to keep awake has been a challenge LOL!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

GORGEOUS, Emily! I am so glad your goodies arrived safe and sound! Can't wait to see what else you make with them! :)

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful.. WOW luck you you Emily that they followed you home..:) This is perfect for the FF challenge..

Unknown said...

Karen, this is so beautiful!! The twisted felt looks awesome!! Lucky you about the great finds!! I couldn't resist those kinds of sale myself, lol.
Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

And Thank you for leaving the comment about the Dirty Dozen in my blog. It means me a lot!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card - I just love this, Emily. Such beautiful colours and the twisted felt is so inspired! Those punchez knew you'd give them a good home, what with you being a Punchkateer and all that!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, see, I didn't comment on this one, either! Whew - I was in LaLa Land last week with mom here!

Love this twisted felt idea. Very unique and original.